The True Profit Business Podcast: Series 1 Episode 3
The True Profit Growth Pillars
Is all your focus on sales and marketing?
There’s no doubt you need to be thinking and taking action on your marketing plans and sales, but too many business owners only focus on where their next clients are coming from. All their time and attention is on marketing, product creation, launches and selling.
When you do this, you often find that you have designed and created an incredible penthouse business through big product launches and high ticket sale events. But when you’ve decided to grow and scale-up and tried to do your product launches again and again and again, you suffer from launch fatigue and often feel burnt out. When this happens, it’s because you’ve not paid enough attention to the 10 or 20 floors below to hold up your penthouse business; the infrastructure, systems, processes and people to support your growth.
Welcome to True Profit Business, the podcast that dives into what it really takes to create a purposeful, playful and profitable business. In this episode, Karen Skidmore takes you through the five True Profit Growth Pillars; Purpose, Planning, Power, Process and People.
In Karen’s book, True Profit Business, you can more detail of how each of these pillars in Chapter 3, as well as range of practical exercises that will help you review, reflect and plan what action to take to start building these pillars in your business.
But before you go off and do these exercises, listen in to this overview of how they all work together.
The True Profit Business Podcast: Series 1 Episode 2
The doing and being of business
Do you run on adrenalin or realise that you have taken on too many responsibilities to effectively keep up with all the stuff that needs doing in your business each week? Then perhaps you are a Dominate Do-er.
Or perhaps you find yourself procrastinating or find it hard to take risks and are even fearful of becoming visible and getting yourself ‘out there’? Then maybe you are a Dominate Be-er.
Welcome to True Profit Business, the podcast that dives into what it really takes to create a purposeful, playful and profitable business. In this episode, Karen Skidmore discusses these two polarities; the doing and being of business.
Our energy and the way we react, respond and move about our day-to-day lives come from two places; our doing energy and our being energy. These polarities show up in our left and right brains, the sun and moon, yin and yang, and in our heads and hearts.
The focus of most business teaching and training is very doing; marketing metrics, profit and loss accounts, digital dashboards and social algorithms. Success is often defined by numbers and taking action is always celebrated. Yes, there’s no doubt that we need to do and take action on our intentions, but too much doing energy often leads to burn out.
During this episode, Karen takes you through the profiles of Dominant Do-ers and Dominate Be-ers, she tells her story of how she allowed the Dominate Do-er in her took her to the extreme and explains how you need to find a way of using both powers to enable you to play your biggest game.
One is not better than the other. You need to access both to fulfil your potential and grow.
The True Profit Business Podcast: Series 1 Episode 1
What does playing bigger mean to you?
Welcome to the very first episode of True Profit Business, the podcast that dives into what it really takes to create a purposeful, playful and profitable business.
In this episode, Karen Skidmore kicks off this first series by diving into the topic of playing big and how big your big needs to be when it comes to your business growth.
It’s easy to get stuck on the marketing conveyor belt, focusing your time and energy on launching new products, building more marketing funnels and keeping up with your content sharing on social media. But what’s it all for? Where are you really headed?
Listen in as Karen highlights the dangers of following the Pied Piper marketing gurus and other people’s interpretations of success, helps you reflect on what you really want out of your business growth and then sets the scene for the upcoming episodes that will not only give you a practical road map to follow but also teach you how to connect and trust your intuition and gut when making decisions for your future business growth.
You can adjust all of your cookie settings by navigating the tabs on the left hand side.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product from our website and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.
Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!
What’s a cookie?
A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Cookies are either:
– Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
– Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. [We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.]
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
– Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
– Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.